Katakolon is a small sleepy town in the South West of the Peloponese, the main reason to visit this area is to experience the magnificent ruins of Ancient Olympia where the Olympic Games were started in 776 B.C.
Once you arrive at Katakolon the town is a short walk from the pier where cruise-ship's dock there is a tiny beach area to the left of the Port and to the right is the town itself comprising of two main roads with many souvenir shops, tavernas and coffee shops, most provide free WiFi.
Agents need to know
- Taxis are available near the Port gates there are only 30 or so available.
- Official Tour Guides are scarce particularly in the summer.
- Train and bus service are available they require changing at Pirgos and sometimes are not even running.
- There are no minibuses available to rent at Katakolon of more than 8 seats.
- We specialize in Katakolon Private & Group Tours, please see our main site for more information